Advise people on their viz, they feel something is off
- Economist don't know how to viz results of their work
- Viz is how to get your research out there, it doesn't just need to speak for itself
- People are ready for scatterplots
- Scientists think they are not able to think visually enough and need help with that
- Scientists just use screenshots of their analysis process – cool, but should be decluttered
- Figure 1 problem: Text around the graphics just describing the viz.
- "Something's wrong." That's what people often come with.
- Charts are hard to judge if you don't have the context.
- It's interesting for end users and data owners to judge, not just dataviz expert
- You either do it yourself or you see enough good examples
- Teaching depends on needs and profession