Educate children about data in primary school
- Understanding how it is taught. Interview with teachers. There is no formal plan, more used as a tool to explain other complex topics.
- Use a lot of pictograms. Something you can directly count, tangible objects.
- It's important to explain that there different possibilities how to represent the same data. They show them the journey from pictograms to bar charts
- Pair of students. Just explore the intrractive tool.
- Teachers were a bit hesitant, bc they were afraid that they won't be vebral, which is a key.
- That means you can have different outcomes with the same app.
- It's on Github, web-based.
- The whole idea is that you can teach by going from familiar things to more complex and let people see the connection.